POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Air disruption question : Re: Air disruption question Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:18:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Air disruption question
From: Simen Kvaal
Date: 28 May 2000 06:16:38
Message: <3930f206$1@news.povray.org>
This brings to mind a good suggestion for a feature: Variable ior in media;
kind of like a ior_map. AFAIK, the ior of any object in the present versions
is constant, and in thus light won't be bent when inside an object; no
matter what media-settings exist. But if one could specify the ior along
with for example the density of the media, Povray should be able to
callulate refraction based on the current ior and the ior ahead of the
samplig ray. But this again assumes that media is sampled linarily, and that
is not trur with all types, is it?

Simen Kvaal.

kane skrev i meldingen <392b3ffd@news.povray.org>...